FINANCE MANAGER - PERMANENT, FULL-TIME
Finance Manager – Permanent, Full-Time.
Fernie Brewing Company is looking for a Finance Manager to join our team. Fernie Brewing is a fast growing and dynamic craft brewery situated in the popular lifestyle town of Fernie, B.C. We brew exceptional beers and while we are super passionate about that, we are equally inspired by the people who make it happen. We believe in working hard and playing harder and are looking for ambitious team members that are stoked about the outdoors and our brand. To us, it’s not just a job it’s a way of life!
The successful candidate will be a key advisor to the Director, providing financial analysis and strategic planning support. In addition to being responsible for the financial health of FBC they will be a strong leader.
- Provide financial leadership and accounting support to all areas of the business
- Complete cost model support and maintenance for all stages of the annual business planning cycle, including budgets, forecasts, and targets
- Manage and prepare monthly and annual financial reports
- Participate in financial planning, operational activities and strategies to provide financial guidance, advice, and analysis to support the financial reporting cycle
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations within FBC, which include but are not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cashflow and payroll
- Maintain and continuously improve forecasting and budgeting processes for operating expenses and capital expenditures
- Analyze costs, pricing & sales results compared to the Company’s Business plans
- Lead, guide and develop the accounting team
- Ensure team members have the tools, knowledge, and training to maximize performance
- Standardize and streamline systems and processes used to gather, analyze, interpret and report financial and statistical data
- Manage and comply with Provincial, Federal & Excise tax reporting requirements and filings and coordinate annual audits as required
- Make recommendations on process improvements to prepare for company growth
- Post-secondary education and professional accounting designation
- Several years of progressively senior level experience in the field of finance
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Advanced user of financial data and reporting systems such as MS Excel and Sage
- Ability to lead change and implement new processes and systems
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal guidance in a growing company
- Experience with procurement and contracts is an asset
- Accuracy and attention to detail
This position is a permanent full-time position working 40 hours flex time per week Monday through Friday. We offer a competitive compensation package. At FBC our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Please apply with resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting job reference ID ‘Finance Manager’.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team, please note only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.