MARKETING ASSISTANT & SOCIAL MEDIA - POSITION FILLED
Fernie Brewing Company is looking for a Full-Time Permanent Marketing Assistant/Social Media Coordinator to join our crew. Fernie Brewing Company is a fast growing and dynamic craft brewery situated in the well-known and popular ski and mountain town of Fernie, BC, located near the BC/Alberta border. We are an award-winning brewery with exceptional year-round and seasonal brews.
We are seeking someone to work in our Marketing Team under the leadership of our Brand Manager, based here in Fernie. The individual must be highly organized, social media savvy, creative and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. They must be a self-motivated and hardworking individual who works well with others.
Day to day duties will include the following:
- Develop creative & engaging text, image & video content across all social media platforms
- Report to Brand Manager and collaborate with Graphic Designer & Web Designer to ensure a cohesive social media brand identity
- Create and maintain relevant social media outlets
- Website updates & promoting online store
- Measure web traffic & monitor SEO via monthly reports for each account
- Stay up to date with changes in all social platforms
- Train co-workers to use social media in a cohesive & beneficial way
- Hit targets of # of likes/followers/views on various platforms
- Organize, coordinate & attend various festivals & events
- Supporting Brand Manager through basic marketing & design
- Managing sponsorships
- Coordinating Buy Local BC Project
Requirements & Experience:
- Business Degree or Diploma in Marketing, New Media or Relevant Field
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Coordinator, minimum 2 years
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator
- Highly competent in all things Social Media: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Trip Advisor, Untapped
- Have experience creating and managing successful Social Media campaigns
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written communication skills with emphasis on proofreading and grammar excellence
- Independent with strong time management skills
- Craft beer lover!
This position will be approximately 40hrs per week Monday to Friday, and offers competitive wages and benefits.
Please forward your letter of intention, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference #Social or fax to 250.423.7733. Resumes without cover letters will be unlikely to be considered. Please contact 250.423.7797 with any questions.
Job closing date: Friday January 6th, 2017
We thank all applicants; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.