PURCHASER / LOGISTICS COORDINATOR REQUIRED - POSITION FILLED
Fernie Brewing Company is looking for a Full-time Permanent Purchaser / Logistics Coordinator to join our crew. Fernie Brewing Company is a fast growing and dynamic craft brewery situated in the well-known and popular ski and mountain town of Fernie, BC, located near the BC/Alberta border. We are an award winning brewery with exceptional year-round and seasonal brews.
We are seeking someone to work in our Warehouse on all things Shipping & Receiving, and ensuring all warehoused items are stocked adequately and efficiently in a cost effective manner. The individual must be highly organized and able to work in a fast paced environment. Must also be a self-motivated and hardworking individual who works well with others.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Purchasing all Packaging Materials
- Weekly inventory counts
- Ensure warehouse is adequately stocked for weekly production needs
- Overseeing all shipping & receiving
- Coordinate daily shipping allocations with various warehouses
- Picking orders
- Communicating with our Order Desk to ensure timely and accurate deliveries
- Ensuring all shipments are recorded into our Production Software (EKOS)
- Obtain freight quotes
- Ensure accurate billing on freight
- Be able to balance real time demands with future expectations
- Post Secondary Education
- 2-5 years of experience in Warehouse & Inventory Management & Procurement
- Be detail oriented and highly organized
- Be a wizard at Excel, Word & Outlook
- Exceptional communication and people skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Tech savvy
- Willingness to pitch in when needed.
- Be able to lift 60lbs and occasionally over 120 lbs
- Valid Driver’s License
- Forklift Certification preferred
- 19 years of age or older
- Craft beer lover!
This position will be approximately 40hrs per week and offers competitive wages and benefits.
Please forward your letter of intention, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference #logistics or fax to 250.423.7733. Resumes without cover letters will be unlikely to be considered. Please contact 250.423.7797 with any questions.
Job closing date: Friday October 7th, 2016.
We thank all applicants; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.