TASTING ROOM & BREWERY STORE ASSOCIATE - POSITION FILLED
Full Time and Part Time Positions
Fernie Brewing Company is looking for Full Time & Part Time Tasting Room & Store Associates to join our crew. Fernie Brewing Company is a fast growing and dynamic craft brewery situated in the well-known and popular ski and mountain town of Fernie, BC, located near the BC/Alberta border. We are an award winning brewery with exceptional year round and seasonal brews.
In this important role, you’ll be the face of Fernie Brewing Co. providing an informative & educational experience to our craft beer drinking guests from around the world. You’ll share the Fernie Brewing Co. story and educate our guests on the history, culture, brewing process and portfolio of delicious beers brewed here at Fernie Brewing. In this multi-tasking role, you will also sell merchandise & packaged beer, fill growlers and service bulk keg orders.
Day to day duties will include the following:
- Being the face of the brewery in our Tasting Room & Storefront
- Serving and selling delicious beer
- Customer service and retail sales
- Bulk Keg Orders
- Fulfilling online store orders
- Providing knowledge to our guests on the brewing process & craft beer & Fernie
- Cleaning & re-stocking shelves
- Assisting on our packaging lines when needed
- High School Diploma
- 19 years of age or older
- Previous serving experience
- Retail sales experience preferred
- Previous experience with Cashouts & cash handling
- Serving It Right Certificate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Craft Beer
Please note, if you are applying you must be 19 years of age or over, have your Serving It Right Certificate and be a Canadian Resident or hold a valid work permit.
This position will be approximately 30-40 hours per week and requires working on weekends and holidays.
Wage will be $12/hr plus gratuities, Benefits Package, along with delicious craft beer.
Please forward your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference #TastingRoom or fax to 250.423.7733. Please contact 250.423.7797 with any questions.
Job closing date: Nov. 10, 2017
We thank all applicants; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.